Monday, August 31, 2009

Zo's first day

I am trying to remember to be grateful these days for the blessings in my life. But, this morning was just darn hard! I realize that this is the natural progression of your kids growing up but I gotta say, I hate watching your baby walk into a huge school full of strangers! Today was Zo's first day of preschool. Yes, I know, it is just preschool. To my defense though, it is all day, three days a week AND she rides a big school bus! Today I walked her to the school in the stroller but on the days I work she will get picked up at daycare by the dinosaur bus. She is super excited about that.


Hehe...her bag is almost as big as her but it had to have butterflies on it. Wouldn't you know that you can't get a normal backpack at Target with butterflies. We had to order a freakishly expensive one from Pottery Barn Kids only to find it is giant size!

The preschoolers have to walk past all the first graders to get into school...intimidating enough?? She was great and held up fine. Me, on the other hand, shed a few tears. My friends Jodi Lindberg and Rick Lynch helped though. So now Kai and I will begin our day in a house that feels way too quiet. Well, except for the moment because he has trapped himself under the table and needs help getting out. :)



1 comment:

Gina said...

Jealous about the preschool over here!!!!! I hope she loved it she looks adorable!