Thursday, December 24, 2009

Five

Poor Zo...Sunday was her birthday party at Incredible Pizza in Des Moines, complete with bumper cars, putt-putt and go-karts. We picked up her "best friend" Katie and headed to Des Moines. By the time we hit Eddyville we turned around and headed back home. The roads were terrible. But, she took it like a champ and we tried to have fun anyway. They sat in the back seat and put make-up on (notice the pretty forehead decorations on Zo), we hit Happy Joe's for lunch and then Target for a new toy to play with. Katie came home with us and spent the night. We made brownies, ate an insane amount of batter and stayed up late watching movies. I think she had a great time regardless. Then the next day, her actual birthday she got several visitors who all came bearing gifts for the birthday girl. Gayla came over to wish Zo well and to show off her hair that is growing in like crazy! I am pushing her towards the Victoria Beckham pixie cut but I'm not sure how thrilled she is with that. :)
Somewhere in the midst of all the celebration the realization hit me that my baby girl is FIVE. Where did the time go? I am already fretting because one-fourth of her time with us at home is gone! I know, I know...I need to stop fretting and enjoy life more but I think it is just a mommy thing.















1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Zo! You are going to school next year?? Kindergarten!! I can't believe it. Those pics are so cute! Merry Christmas!